Saturday, January 22, 2011

Love Letter to Father



Dear Father,

I love you, I thank you for loving me, though I know I am not worthy. You truly are amazing, your ways are higher and better, your love is pure, you love because, you ARE love, you forgive because you want intimacy with your children, you spur us onto good works because you desire better for us. Thank you for pursuing me, thank you for revealing your heart to mine, and for drawing it near to yours. Sometimes in a moment of clarity I see just how much I love you, and how grateful I am for your love, and yet I know I only see in part your love for me now, the depths of your great love are unfathomable. Thank you for leading me into a greater love, a greater hope, thank you for keeping me secure in the palm of your hand and never letting me wiggle my way loose, never letting my enemy triumph over me or snatch me out of your hand. I believe in your story of redemption, your ability to set the captives free and your desire to bind up the brokenhearted. You are worthy of my utmost praise, devotion and admiration, you are worthy my father, of all of me, my best and my worst, that you may change me, mold me and make me into what is pleasing in your sight. I believe that we will continue to walk through days that hard, toward day's that are great.

your daughter,
Michelle

...neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:39

No comments:

Post a Comment