Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Beautiful Marriage Bed


What I long to see and the intimacy I desire between the sheets....

My husband is an attractive man, physically I enjoy looking at him, but more than this, I desire to be in love with his heart, to see a man before me that loves God above all other things in his life, including me, to be in love with a man who has integrity and a love for purity. I desire to be beautiful to him, physically, yes, but more than this I desire to be beautiful and pleasing to my God, to be a woman that learns to love and forgive the way Christ does, to embrace the weaknesses of self and others in a way that understands it is our weaknesses that bring us to the strength of Christ. In all of this I want my husband to find me beautiful, irresistible, to be a woman he admires, loves and adores, I want him to be physically attracted to me, yes absolutely, but I want our attraction to one another to go so much deeper, and that will carry over into our marriage bed. The marriage bed should go above and beyond a mere means to an orgasm, but be the true merging of two becoming one, there will be an excitement in this that transcends the counterfeit fantasy realm, it will diminish the need I have to be prettier, sexier, thinner, more exciting and it will diminish the fears of where his mind is, wondering if he's thinking of me or some image on a computer screen. These things will be diminished because by the grace of God he will have shown us what true intimacy looks like and how beautiful oneness can be, when these things have been sought out and learned, the marriage bed, which was once defiled, will be made beautiful, fun, exciting and sacred. I expectantly look forward to this day with hope in my heart for a marriage that is beautiful in the sight of God, and a marriage bed that is more beautiful than it ever has been.

Hebrews 13:4

Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed be kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your blog...your heart! I am challenged and inspired....please continue to write and share your journey....God is doing amazing and beautiful things in your life....What a blessing you are to me and to those God sends your way!! Hugs and Blessings to you, my new friend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post so much. This is the one aspect of our healing that I have shied away from writing about (on my blog) and I think it might be getting to a point that I should just suck it up and put it out there. Thanks for being so honest and beautiful in your writing.

    ReplyDelete