Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What Do You Say?

How often do I find myself saying this? teaching this to my children, mainly my four year old, when something is done for her....... given to her, she has to be taught to say "Thank You" why is thankfulness so hard to learn and in gratefulness clings to us like gum on the bottom of a shoe? There is a buzz going around about a certain book One Thousand Gifts  I have been following her blog for a little while, a month maybe, and Ryan bought me her book a couple of weeks ago, I have to say this book, has been a true gift in my life, a breath of fresh air, it is raw and real and I love it, learning the art of thanksgiving, being intentional about looking for his gifts in the daily.... This day, I have hope in my heart, life is not easy, it can be quite overwhelming, yesterday brought with it a lot of baggage, but today I am hopeful, Why? because it is my choice to be, and I choose hope, I choose to be as happy as I want to be, I choose to accept his gifts. Last night Ryan was weary and he fell asleep early, I lingered in thoughts and prayers and I began a list, if you are familiar with the book than you know what kind of list I started, a list of the gifts....

it reads: 

1.Walking in the cool morning air


2.Walking to the store to buy milk

3.Having money to buy milk


4.The fact that the cat that lay dead in the street was not a child


5.Healing


Simple..... Profound.... life changing..... Thanksgiving.

2 Corinthians 4:15
All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for:

    1. My savior

    2. A beautiful, life-giving wife

    3. My Family

    4. Coffee

    However, I could put a whole lot more in order of importance between #3 and #4...

    ReplyDelete