Friday, July 15, 2011

The Simple Things


Feeling a little nostalgic this morning and recalling some good memories and things that make me smile. There truly is freedom in simplicity, beauty in nature, life in love. Ryan brought me home flowers this week, they are simple, nothing over the top fancy or expensive about them, they are my favorite colors and they are a symbol of him thinking about me, they make me smile. He picked me a wild flower while we were on a hike a few days ago, I put it behind my ear, he told me I looked pretty, that made me smile. The kids and I ate cold popcicle's in the back yard in the warm summer air, they play with left over 4th of July sparklers, together we work on our family garden, dreams are fresh and new, vision is being planted in our hearts, God is good, life is beautiful even amidst pain, new life is springing up, pain is getting smaller and the beauty is arising out of its ashes, it's summer and it's simple, and it's good. The neighborhood children are playing in their front yard sprinklers and on slip n' slides, I smile as I remember how easy it was to live and find enjoyment in the simple, not worrying about a thing, just playing, just laughing, just being children in the summer. Yesterday I put on some old vinyl records, Olivia danced to Steve Miller Band on the living room rug and when it got over she said "put it on again mom" I did, and every time I walked by the dining table and saw my pretty flowers, I smiled....

1 comment: