Thursday, January 21, 2010

And so it begins

Sometimes its hard to tell when something really begins, I mean Lets take my journey with homeschooling for example, did it really start on December 1st 2009? or did it start when God whispered into my ear years before to get prepared to do this? so does a journey start in your head, your heart or when you take that first all important step? I withdrew from Gorman Learning Center yesterday , Gorman was our Charter school, they provided the curriculum the assignments and in turn I was to teach my children what they wanted me to teach them, and do it on their timeline, turn in the assignments by end of the learning period, basically was reproducing the same type of work that the public school offers, did not take me long to discover that it was NOT what I invisioned our homeschool life as being, the goal is not to reproduce a class room in our home, The goal is to create in our home a Love, A love for what? For Each other, For God, for Truth, for Healthy relationships, for Trust, for Learning. And I know that I Hated school, I NEVER fit into the box that that the public school system tried to shove me into and my kids dont fit into that box either. And so it begins, today we face a new frontier, today I take a step of obediance and start building from the ground up, I dont really know exactly what I am doing to be quit honest, But this I know, God has called me to this, It has proven to be difficult thus far, and also very encouraging at times, I have an undefined vision that still needs shaping and I suspect that it will continue to take shape as we continue to grow. God Help me make the right choices, help me to honor you and be aligned with your will, on a side note, when I decided to start this process I foolishly thought this experience would change the way my kids learned, yes that will happen, but guess who has the bigger changes taking place? I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment